The last update: 2011/10/21
EventRegist Co. Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “Company”) will treat your (hereinafter referred to as “User”) personal information with regard to EventRegist (hereinafter referred to as “Service”) provided by the Company in compliance with the laws and regulations on the protection of personal information while recognizing the importance of personal information, and appropriately manage the same as follows:
Article 1 (Personal Information)
Personal information referrers to the name, date of birth, age, gender, occupation, work place, address, phone number, e-mail address, ID employed when using other services, credit card number, bank account number, hobby, interest, information regarding the accessed event information, claim, inquiry, and other information of an individual that can identify, alone or in a combination, the specific individual.
Article 2 (Acquisition of Personal Information)
Personal Information will be acquired by identifying the purpose of use in advance and through lawful and fair procedures.
Article 3 (Management of Acquired Personal Information)
The acquired personal information will be appropriately managed to be accurate and up to date, and proper and reasonable levels of security measures will be implemented against risks, such as unauthorized accesses from outside. In order to provide better services to Users, the handling of personal information may be entrusted to outsourcers. Such outsourcers will be directed and supervised to conduct appropriate management thereof.
Article 4 (Purpose of Use of Personal Information)
1. The Company will use the acquired personal information for the following purposes:
(1) Authentication of a person who completed the membership registration with the Service;
(2) Provision of the Service to the User;
(3) Delivery of various messages and notices from the Service;
(4) Response to User inquiries and questions;
(5) Preparation of statistic data for improvement of the Service and development of new services;
(6) Confirmation and communication upon application or registration to any event or campaign, and transmission of campaign contents or delivery of any prize or gift items;
(7) Customization of information, services, or advertisements displayed on the Service in accordance with User’s hobby or interest; and
(8) Other purposes for the appropriate operation of the Service.
2. When the Company changes the purposes of use of personal information, the changed purposes will be notified or published.
Article 5 (Restriction by Purpose of Use of Personal Information)
The acquired personal information will only be used within the scope necessary for the achievement of the purposes of use thereof while taking full consideration of the rights of User. When personal information is used beyond the scope of the purposes of use, the prior consent of User will be obtained except when such use is as follows:
(1) Based on laws and regulations;
(2) Necessary for the protection of the life, body or property of an individual and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of User;
(3) Specifically necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of User; or
(4) Necessary for cooperating with a government agency or local government or any person entrusted by it in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and in which obtaining the consent of User is likely to impede the execution of the affairs concerned.
Article 6 (Provision of Personal Information to Third Party)
1. The Company may provide personal information to a third party as follows:
(1) The prior consent of User is obtained;
(2) Such provision is based on the laws and regulations;
(3) Such provision is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the User;
(4) Such provision is specifically necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the User;
(5) Such provision is necessary for cooperating with a government agency or local government or any person entrusted by it in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and in which obtaining the consent of User is likely to impede the execution of the affairs concerned;
(6) The personal information (the information that an event organizer requested an event attendee to input) of the event attendee is disclosed or provided to the event organizer;
(7) The Company entrusts the whole or part of its operation to other companies and the disclosure or provision is made to such trustee;
(8) Information, service, or advertisement displayed on the Service is customized in accordance with User’s hobby or interest and the disclosure or provision is made to such company that posted an advertisement, etc. for such customization; or
(9) The Company’s application is released to other companies and the disclosure or provision is made to such companies.
2. The companies and organizations where personal information is disclosed or provided under (6) to (8) of the preceding paragraph will be indicated in the Service. The personal information disclosed or provided to such companies and organizations shall be managed in accordance with any rules on management of personal information stipulated by such companies and organizations.
3. Upon the use of the Service, the User shall be deemed to have consented to the disclosure or provision under (5) to (8) of Paragraph 1 of this article.
Article 7 (Third Party Address Information Registered by User)
When the User registers with the Service address information of any third party other than its own to receive messages such as event invitations, such User shall obtain consent from such third party regarding registration of such address information with the Service. The Company shall assume no liability for any damage or determinant caused to any third party from absence of such consent.
Article 8 (Disclosure, Correction and Deletion of Personal Information)
When the Company is requested by the User to disclose, correct, or delete such User’s personal information, it will take necessary measures within the reasonable scope without delay upon confirming that such request is from User itself.
Please contact email@example.com for any requests, corrections, deletions, or claims of personal information or any other inquiries regarding the handling of personal information.